About Red & White Alumni Tours
The members of the Red & White Student Organization offer private tours to alumni who are returning to campus. This is a unique opportunity for alumni who are returning to campus to have a personalized tour with a current student. Unless an alumnus/a specifies a particular interest area, tours are a comprehensive walk-through of the entire campus. Alumni should feel free to share stories of what the campus used to be like, as they learn about what is new on campus today.
- Alumni tours are available on Mondays through Fridays, and on the weekend upon special request.
- Requests must be made at least 48 hours in advance.
- We will do our best to match alumni with a student by major or affinity, according to the request form.
- Tours are walking tours only, but handicap routes are availible.
- All guests of the alumnus/a are welcome to join the tour.
- Tours run about one hour.
- Tours depart from the Heffner Alumni House, or other locations upon request.
- Tours are available during the academic year. However, special arrangements may be made during winter/summer break.
- A limited number of ponchos and umbrellas are available.
- Information on who will be giving the tour will be sent to the alumnus/a prior to the tour.
- If an alumnus/a needs to cancel the request, please contactthe Office of Alumni Relations at (518) 276-6205 at least 2 hours prior to the tour.
Alumni tours are not the same as admission tours. If you are bringing a prospective student to campus, please contact the Admissions Office to set up a tour.
How to Request a Tour
- Fill out a tour request form.
- Call the Office of Alumni Relations at (518) 276-6205.
- Email the Office of Alumni Relations to request a tour.
Thank you for taking a tour with us! We would appreciate your feedback so that we can improve the quality of our tours.
Alumni are welcome to park in the metered parking lots on campus.
Please visit the
Campus Parking & Transportation site for a map and locations of
A valid driver’s license and State or Province vehicle registration are required to park on Rensselaer property.
Permit and lot regulations are in effect year round, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The campus speed limit is 15 miles per hour.
All campus roadways are fire lanes. Vehicles parked in fire lanes for more than 10 minutes, can be ticketed and towed.
The Legacy Program
A Rensselaer Legacy is a student or alumnus/a who has a relative who is a student of alumnus/a of Rensselaer - mother, father, sister, brother, etc. Click here to learn more.
To see a list of local hotels, click here.
Rensselaer Union Bookstore
The Rensselaer Bookstore is located in the Rensselaer Union. Click here to see the hours of operation.