The members of the Red & White Student Organization offer private
tours to alumni who are returning to campus.
This is a unique opportunity for alumni who are returning to campus to have a personalized tour with a current student.
Tours match current students with alumni from their particular major or career interest areas, and allow the alumnus/a to hear about today's campus, while the student receives a historical perspective of the Institute.
About Red & White Alumni Tours
Tours are given by members of the Red & White Student Organization. (Click here for more information on the group.) Unless an alumnus/a specifies a particular interest area, tours are a comprehensive walk-through of the entire campus. Alumni should feel free to share stories of what the campus used to be like, as they learn about what is new on campus today.
- Alumni tours are available on Mondays and Fridays, at 10 a.m. and at 2 p.m. A request form is required.
- Special tour times may be available upon request.
- Requests must be made at least 48 hours in advance.
- We will do our best to match alumni with a student by major or affinity, according to the request form.
- Tours are walking tours only.
- All guests of the alumnus/a are welcome to join the tour.
- Tours run about one hour.
- Tours depart from the Rensselaer Union North Lobby, near the fish tank.
- Tours are available during the academic year. However, special arrangements may be made during winter/summer break.
- A limited number of ponchos and umbrellas are available.
- All tours are led by Red & White Students.
Alumni tours are not the same as admission tours. If you are bringing a prospective student to campus, please contact the Admissions Office to set up a tour.
Alumni are welcome to park in the metered parking lots on campus.
Please visit the
Campus Parking & Transportation site for a map and locations of
A valid driver’s license and State or Province vehicle registration are required to park on Rensselaer property.
Permit and lot regulations are in effect year round, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The campus speed limit is 15 miles per hour.
All campus roadways are fire lanes (except some roads in the Wyck area). Vehicles parked in fire lanes without being equipped with emergency flashers, flashers turned on and for more than 10 minutes, can be ticketed and towed.
For further tour information, please contact Dhruv Jain.
How to Request a Red & White Alumni Tour
- Fill out the tour request form. (REQUIRED)
- You may also call the Office of Alumni Relations at (518) 276-6205 to request a tour.
- Information on who will be giving the tour will be sent to the alumnus/a prior to the tour.
- We request 48 hours notice to schedule a tour.
- If an alumnus/a needs to cancel the request, please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at (518) 276-6205 at least 2 hours prior to the tour.
We would appreciate your feedback so that we can improve the quality of our tours.
The Legacy Program
A Rensselaer Legacy is a student or alumnus/a who has a relative who is a student of alumnus/a of Rensselaer - mother, father, sister, brother, etc. Click here to learn more.
To see a list of local hotels, click here.
Rensselaer Union Bookstore
The Rensselaer Bookstore is located in the Rensselaer Union. Click here to see the hours of operation.