Monday, December 12, 2016 - 7 a.m. – 3 a.m.
Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 7 a.m. – 3 a.m.
What is Study Days?
Study Days @ the Heffner Alumni House opens the Heffner Alumni House during study days as a place for students to study during final exams. This unique location provides space for different study habits and group meetings.
This program is very popular amongst students because of the unique study atmosphere and high level of customer service provided throughout the two days.
What does the Heffner Alumni House provide?
The Heffner Alumni House will be setup to accommodate all study preferences. Each room provides for a different type of study atmosphere. Come and check it out! Click here for more room descriptions.
- Great Room - Semi Quiet. Variety of tables and chairs available. ALAC tutors and Math Mentors will also be available. Need a little extra help, stop by one of their tables.
- Alumni Conference Center (Lower Level) - Quiet area a variety of tables and chairs.
- Meeting Rooms - You can reserve a meeting room for a group project or group study session.
- Dining Room - Semi Quiet. Utilized as a studying area and for small group space.
- Library - Semi Quiet. Soft seating, such as couches and chairs.
Wireless internet is available in the Heffner Alumni House.
The building is also equipped with several Ethernet connections throughout.
Parking - All Rensselaer parking rules remain in effect for the study days. Street parking is also available on a limited basis.
Seating - A variety of soft seat tables and chairs, leather couches and chairs are available throughout the building.
Free Coffee and Snacks - Hospitality Services will be the provider of the coffee throughout the program. Coffee is sponsored by the Red & White Student Organization. There will also be snacks available. We hope this helps to make your preparation for your finals more bearable!
Study Days @ the Heffner Alumni House received a CASE ASAP District Award in 2013 for Outstanding External Program for Study Days in 2013 and a 2008 CASE District II Accolade Award for outstanding program.
The Heffner Alumni House is located on the corner of 14th St. and Peoples Ave.
The office of alumni relations offers other student programs for you. Click here for more information.
East Campus Shuttles have a permanent stop on the corner of 13th Street and Peoples Ave. We advise taking the shuttle to and from that location.
Meetings rooms are available for small groups meetings. Meeting rooms are in high demand during Study Days, the following applies: Failure to respect these rules may result in the cancellation of your reservation and the inability to reserve again for the remainder of Study Days.
1. Maximum of 2 hour reservation per group per day.* * Reserving a room under a different person's name for the same group for multiple time slots is not allowed.
2. Minimum of 4 people per group.
3. Maximum of 12 people per group
Note - Red & White members will monitor the room reservations in order to provide opportunities for all requests.
Registration for room reservations will open on Monday, December 5, 2016. The deadline to reserve a room online is Friday, December 9, 2016 by 3 p.m. Reservations after this time must be made in person during the Study Days event, and will only be accomodated if a room is available.
Thank you again to ALAC, the Tutors and the Math Mentors for assisting in the program!
For more information, contact the Executive Director of Campus Relations, Shannon Symonds '17.